Monday, June 19, 2023

11 Days

I can't believe it's been 11 days since I said goodbye to my sweet boy.  Some days I feel ok and then I look for my shadow and he's not here anymore, no longer at my feet while I work, under my desk, following me to the kitchen, waiting for me to share a snack. That absence has left such a hole in my heart... 💔

Sweet pup, he taught me so much in the almost 9 years that I was lucky enough to have him in my life.  I didn't even know how much I wanted a dog until I adopted him and his brother, who were almost 5 at the time.  Simon is OK, sometimes he seems to be looking for Barney, but it's hard to tell.

I had no idea our time together would be so short, but it was worth every second, even during the last few months of giving him pills and running to the Vet and trying to get him better.  I would do it all again in a second and someday I will adopt another sweet puppy, once this ache has healed.  Maybe in the Fall. I know there are other babies out there waiting for a loving home and I know that Barney would be happy to have me share the love I gave to him with someone else who needs it the way he did 9 years ago.

The Vet dropped off his ashes on Thursday. I had gone an entire day without crying and the site of his little box filled with his ashes, his little nose print and paw print and the little bottle with his hair had me crying all over again.

I know it will take time for that emptiness to go away. There will never be another one like you, my sweet boy, but there will be others to love too. ❤ My heart will go on. 💜😔










No comments:

Post a Comment