Monday, May 8, 2023

108

About a year ago, I started seeing the number "108" a lot --and I mean a LOT, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.

I'd be listening to LIVE meditations or talks on my favorite app (Insight Timer) and I would look at the screen and see "108" meditators or I'd be driving down the road and see "108" on a mailbox or getting my hair done and the total came out to "$108".  What are the odds?  So yes, the Universe was sending me signals!

I looked up the significance of the number and here's a little of what I found:

The number 108 is considered sacred in many cultures and religions around the world. It is often associated with the universe, infinity, and wholeness.

In Hinduism, 108 is considered to be the number of beads on a mala, a string of beads used for meditation and prayer. It is also the number of syllables in the Gayatri Mantra, one of the most important mantras in Hinduism.

In Buddhism, 108 is considered to be the number of dharmas, or teachings of the Buddha. It is also the number of vows that a Buddhist monk or nun takes.

In Jainism, 108 is considered to be the number of tirthankaras, or enlightened beings. It is also the number of vows that a Jain monk or nun takes.

In Chinese culture, 108 is considered to be a lucky number. It is often used in the design of buildings and objects.

In numerology, 108 is considered to be a number of balance and harmony. It is said to promote peace, love, and compassion.

The number 108 is a powerful number with a rich history and symbolism. It is a reminder of the interconnectedness of all things and the potential for spiritual enlightenment.

There are many different ways in which the number 108 appears in these cultures. For example, there are 108 beads on a mala, a Hindu prayer beads, and 108 petals on a lotus flower. The number 108 is also used in the construction of temples and other sacred spaces.

I'm paying attention... and so far, so good...

I had lunch with a couple of friends this weekend.  We stopped at a lovely store (Tibet Tree of Life) and this beautiful singing bowl and mala came home with me. And yes, purple is my favorite color! 😉💜 




No comments:

Post a Comment